[MPlayer-users] Re: compilation error

Arpit arpspatel at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 23:28:16 CEST 2005

Pramod Kumar Manda <pramodkm <at> dlink.co.in> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I got compilation errors while I am compiling Mplayer using "make"
> > command.

Let me explain it properly.... u get this errors as the make file couldnt find
livemedia.hh file for compiling, which is supplied in live and live-devel
packages.

change to root login, u can use " su - "
then do

rpm -Uvh live-0-0.lvn.7.2004.05.19.rh90.i386.rpm live-devel-2004.04.09-
6.rh9.at.i386.rpm

make sure the file exists in current folder and are readable by root.... i
understand why the packages couldnt install as u might be trying

rpm -ivh live....
rpm -ivh live-devel...

which is not apropriate as both the files needs to install together... as they
depend on each other....

try this one more time, i think it should work.

Arpit