[MPlayer-users] Could not get buffer from pullup!

Tue Mar 29 15:28:01 CEST 2005

Hi D Richard Felker III!

 On 2005.03.28 at 15:47:05 -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote next:

> > So I wanted to compare complete results from filmdint and pullup -
> > filmdint prints about 130 "Bottom-first field???" while encoding, but at
> > least works, but with pullup mencoder prints
> > "Could not get buffer from pullup!" message and segfaults in
> > pullup_release_frame(). mplayer was cvs up'd at 050317-12:15, and there
> > are a few changes in pullup since then (6 changed to 4 in interations).
>
> You are obviously not using latest cvs, and failed to tell us what
> version you're using. Also you probably didn't use softskip, even
> though the docs say pullup requires softskip.

MPlayer dev-RPM-CVS-050317-12:15-3.4.0 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
Yes, I forgot softskip... but I thought -mc 0 is enough to prevent frame
skipping, since I'm leaving audio track intact. I mean, why there should
be skipped frames anyway? Probably I was wrong.

> Finally, the "Bottom-first field" (are you sure you copied that
> right??) error messages indicate that either you're putting other
> filters before filmdint/pullup (will not work!) or your input file is
> horribly broken.

No... But I found one of the reasons. The broken input file? Hm... It's
NTSC DVD of Avalon, looks OK to me.

I was able to raise overall quality of the picture, lower the bitrate a
bit and get rid of half of "Bottom-first field" messages when I stopped
using filmdint's "crop" feature and replaced it by regular crop filter
after. Maybe filmdint cropped video in the beginning and then had some
problems because of it.

--

Vladimir