[MPlayer-users] Switching to next title and muxing mpeg files

Sat May 14 17:55:03 CEST 2005

I have dvd with video splitted between two titles. Other
hardware/software players, including xine, behave correctly - they play
them one by one without any switch or pause. However, mplayer plays only
first title (or second, if specified manually) and then exits.

Any solutions to this? I tried to remux mpeg file in order to reset
timestamps, however command

mencoder -aid 128 -o out.mpg -oac copy -ovc copy -of mpeg -mc 0 -noskip \
dvd://2-3

doesn't work (well, no surprise since it doesn't work quite often) -
after 10 minutes or so mplayer prints "too much packets bla-bla-bla" and
soon crashes. I can't remove -mc 0 -noskip, because this is mostly soft,
but partially hard-telecined video, and there will be total mess
without them.

Btw, is there a way to disable mplayer's internal fps change for
soft-telecined video? I want mencoder to leave frames as is when
remuxing mpeg2 to mpeg2. Also, are there other mpeg muxers available? I
tried

tccat -t dvd -T 1,-1 -i /dev/dvd | (cat; tccat -t dvd -T 2,-1 -i \
/dev/dvd) |tcdemux -A 0xe0,0x80 > transcode.mpg

but it doesn't reset timestamps (mencoder does).

I want to generate one title with correct timestamps and remaster this
dvd.

--

Vladimir