[MPlayer-users] Switching to next title and muxing mpeg files

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat May 14 21:07:00 CEST 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 07:55:03PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> I have dvd with video splitted between two titles. Other
> hardware/software players, including xine, behave correctly - they play
> them one by one without any switch or pause. However, mplayer plays only
> first title (or second, if specified manually) and then exits.
>
> Any solutions to this? I tried to remux mpeg file in order to reset
> timestamps, however command
>
> mencoder -aid 128 -o out.mpg -oac copy -ovc copy -of mpeg -mc 0 -noskip \
> dvd://2-3
>
> doesn't work (well, no surprise since it doesn't work quite often) -
> after 10 minutes or so mplayer prints "too much packets bla-bla-bla" and
> soon crashes. I can't remove -mc 0 -noskip, because this is mostly soft,
> but partially hard-telecined video, and there will be total mess
> without them.
>
> Btw, is there a way to disable mplayer's internal fps change for
> soft-telecined video? I want mencoder to leave frames as is when
> remuxing mpeg2 to mpeg2. Also, are there other mpeg muxers available? I
> tried

You cannot remux mpeg that's soft-telecined with mencoder. It does not
work. Why are you trying to remux anyway?? Just dump the whole thing
with -dumpstream and cat the two titles together. Or if you want to
encode, just do:

mplayer ..... dvd://2 dvd://3

to encode them both together. You probably want to rip the dvd anyway
if it's telecined; otherwise it will look like crap when you watch it.

Rich