[MPlayer-users] Trouble with skins

Wayne Tu WTu at lgc.com
Mon May 16 22:32:05 CEST 2005

Hi, this is my first time using mplayer and I've reviewed most of the doc and browsed through the archives.

I'm running on Linux RH 3.0, MPlayer 1.0-pre7

I'm trying to use mplayer to play some avi files, but I want to run mplayer on a machine without having to resort to installing stuff in the default locations (such as /usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin or ~/.mplayer/Skin).  So, basically I'm trying to set up a small install which just contains the minimum mplayer files and my .avi files, which can then be installed onto any compatible linux box and placed with an arbitrary path.

I can do this now with just mplayer, but I cannot get it to work with a GUI and I need a GUI (VCR controls).  If there is a way to have the basic GUI controls without resorting to a skin, then I'll take it.

Thank you.

-Wayne
This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.