[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Audio Quality

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed May 18 20:50:53 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 02:09:16AM +0930, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:
> For example, if i use the FLAC decoder to play music, mplayer shows it goes
> through a lot of format conversions and i assume, a couple of volume filters before it
> reaches JACK.

Please try the attached patch, I need some test results before deciding
whether or not to apply it. I reimplemented ao_jack without using
bio2jack, "fixing" some of the things you complained about.
You should still consider using -af-adv force=.. as I mentioned in my last mail,
since that causes e.g. the use of a better (but slower) resampler etc.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger