[MPlayer-users] Capturing audio from sound card line input

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat May 28 07:39:09 CEST 2005

On Fri, 27 May 2005 08:41:25 -0600
Mark Zimmerman <mark at foresthaven.com> wrote:

> The documentation says that I should be able to capture audio from
> sound card line input when recording from tv but I have not been able
> to find the mencoder options that actually make this happen.

man mplayer
/adevice

That's probably not your problem though.  You most likely have your
mixer improperly set.  Set both the "Line" device and "Capture" device
as "Captur", and turn them up reasonably high.

Also, you're probably better off leaving ":alsa" off the command-line,
so try that as well.

> is captured properly but there is no audio in the resulting file
> (mplayer reports 'Audio: no sound').

Actually, mplayer always reports that when encoding from a TV-tuner,
even when correctly capturing sound from Line-in. Don't worry about that
message.