[MPlayer-users] [Possible BUG]h264 incapable with framedrop?

Lu Ran hephooey at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:22:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

I think there is a bug when playing h264 video with framedrop, I don't
have a specifical way to reproduce it, and I tried to gdb the crash
but bt does not show anything useful (Previous frame inner to this
frame (corrupt stack?)), only thing I know is when watching h264
files, if frames need to be constantly droped, wait long enough and
mplayer will crash. and the rash message is like this:

[h264 @ 0x8565188]illegal short term buffer state detected3.4% 19 0
[h264 @ 0x8565188]illegal short term buffer state detected4.9% 132 0
mplayer: h264.c:2316: mc_dir_part: Assertion `pic->data[0]' failed.0

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
  can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
  possible bug.

This seems happen to many files, so I don't think it's a file-specific problem.

BTW, I also found some video files with 'x264' fourcc, and apparently mplayer
cannot play them, but if I modify the codecs.conf to decode them with ffh264,
it works well. does 'x264' just another fourcc of h264 or there is some subtle
difference should be cared about?

--
Best Regards,
LR