[MPlayer-users] netstream build problem

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Sat Nov 5 20:54:33 CET 2005

I've tried building netstream from several different versions of MPlayer,
but despite everything I've tried, I simply can't get it to build.

Mainly, I get a number of undefined references. They're all over the place:

All of them are in libmpdemux.a (or maybe it just doesn't get any further
than that, maybe there are more later.) For example:

Undefined reference to 'snd_output_close' from audio_in.o
Undefined reference to 'snd_pcm_close' from audio_in.o
Undefined reference to 'snd_pcm_readi' from audio_in.o

There are others from demux_ogg.o, demux_avs.o, ai_alsa1x.o, etc...

I tried disabling ogg in the ./configure, for example, thinking that would
remove the dependency, but it still shows up.

My ./configure looks like:

./configure --disable-libavformat --disable-vorbis
--disable-internal-matroska --disable-internal-tremor --disable-theora

I've tried in pre7, and then CVS pulls from July of 2005 that I had.

I've tried adding addition .o files to the Makefile for netstream, but I
basically seem stuck.

Can anyone tell me how to get this to build?

Thanks.

Pete