[MPlayer-users] netstream build problem

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 21:17:14 CET 2005

Pete Davis wrote:

> I've tried building netstream from several different versions of
> MPlayer, but despite everything I've tried, I simply can't get it to
> build.
>
> Mainly, I get a number of undefined references. They're all over the
> place:
>
> All of them are in libmpdemux.a (or maybe it just doesn't get any
> further than that, maybe there are more later.) For example:
>
> Undefined reference to 'snd_output_close' from audio_in.o
> Undefined reference to 'snd_pcm_close' from audio_in.o
> Undefined reference to 'snd_pcm_readi' from audio_in.o

These symbols are part of ALSA, from files included in
<alsa/asoundlib.h>. Either the ALSA library files are not on your
system, or for some reason they are not being linked in. In the latter
case, the correct solution is to figure out why not and fix it; in the
former case, the correct solution is to figure out why ALSA is being
autodetected successfully even though it does not compile.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.