[MPlayer-users] how to upadate cvs

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 19:10:36 CET 2005

Mustafa Abbasi wrote:

> i am sorry if this is a noob question but please tell me the mplayer
> website says that
>
> In order to include libavcodec and libavutil in CVS updates, add the
> following lines to main/CVS/Entries:
>
>   D/libavcodec////
>   D/libavformat////
>   D/libavutil////
>
> does this mean that i can update the libavcodec, libavformat, and
> libavutlis at the same time as updating mplayer cvs using tis command
> .
>
> cvs -z3 update -dPA

Yes, that's what it means.

> if so then how can i do this. it says something about adding these
> lines to main/CVS/Entries. i can't understand ths.
>
> please tell me what to do.

I'm not sure what it is you don't understand here. Do you not understand
how to edit the file? Do you not understand how to *find* the file? Do
you not even realize that "main/CVS/Entries" *is* a file? Or is it
something else?

I really thought that the explanation given (in fact, even the
explanation you've given in your own question) was foolproof enough...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.