[MPlayer-users] scale TV image to full screen width

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Sat Nov 12 19:06:11 CET 2005

Hi,

On my 16:10 laptop screen I often watch TV programs with the black bars
included in the image (some damn channels can be bothered to broadcast
in 16:9, some do though).

Usually I "-vf cropdetect" the stream and then apply the recommended
value in order to get a _real_ full screen image (i.e: no black bars on
the sides). This works fine but is a two-step process.

Ideally I'd like to simply tell mplayer to scale the image to the full
width of the screen and vertically middle-align the image, so that the
black bars get mostly taken care of without any crop computing.

I tried fiddling with "-vf dsize" and it almost works, however I can't
middle align the image vertically, even with -geometry.

Thanks for any ideas...

--
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...