[MPlayer-users] Encoding to SVCD

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 16 23:01:15 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:35:00 +0000
Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:

> But the toolame codec requires a toolame library (-ltoolame),
> and there is no such library in toolame's distribution; it only
> generates an executable.

The latest (beta) release of toolame compiles as a library.  Previous
version only compiled the binary.

> And there's no sign of any support for twolame in MPlayer's configure
> script or source; only in the docs.

Docs are regularly updated, and really refer to the current CVS, not the
last release.  Grab a CVS snapshot if you want to use twolame.

> Could I symlink twolame's library and header files to "toolame"
> equivalents?

Unfortunately, no.  Blame the twolame developer for (minor) incompatible
changes.

> If I export the audio and convert with sox and/or toolame/twolame I'm
> worried that AV sync might drift,

Well, it won't, actually, but it's much less hassle to just use mencoder
for everything.