[MPlayer-users] bugreport: crash with -fs

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:51:20 CET 2005

Hi,

On 11/17/05, Dietmar Hofer <didi at a-t-s.at> wrote:
> With new CVS versions my mplayer always crashes when switching to fullscreen.
> This happens if I give "-fs" at command line and if I switch to fullscreen
> with "f" while playing.
> It happens with all movie files I tried with.
>
> With the CVS version of 2005.08.01 it works (compiled on the same machine in
> the same environment).

If possible, try to do a binary search to track down when the
problematic code went in the CVS.

Here is a document that explains it:
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/winedev-guide/x1344

You may want to try CVS version before 12 Oct 2005 12:11:27 (version
1.121 of swscale_template.c), which is the last commit that was done
on to swscale_template.c (the file which on which mplayer crashes).

Please make sure you run "make distclean" and re-run "configure" each
time to make sure you're not testing a bastardised version of MPlayer.

> I try my best to give all necessary information, since this is my 1st
> bugreport here. Please advice me if I miss something.

No, your bug report is exactly what we'd like to see from bug
reporters more ofter. Congratulations, here's a star for you! -> *
:o)

> gcc:
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.5/specs
> Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/usr
> --with-local-prefix=/usr/local --infodir=/usr/share/info
> --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,objc,java,ada
> --disable-checking --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-libgcj --with-slibdir=/lib
> --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit i586-suse-linux
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

Please try, if possible with another version of gcc: either gcc-2.95,
gcc-3.4 or 4.0.

Guillaume
--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's
at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember