[MPlayer-users] Transitions between videos in full screen mode

Peter Shaw fuqnbastard at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 17 23:28:44 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 04:39, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> Robert La Ferla wrote:
> > The Wanderer wrote:
> >> I've encountered this problem myself recently, but haven't bothered
> >> experimenting to try to fix it. The first thing which comes to mind as a
> >> possible solution, however, is -colorkey.
> >
> > I think I found a fix which is to use -vo xv -fixed-vo
>
> My fix doesn't work.  I thought it worked because I played a shorter
> aspect ratio video before a taller one so it cropped/compressed it.  The
> -vo xv had no effect at all.  So I will now try -colorkey.

I´m having the same problem, and -colorkey doesn´t work either. I think it´s
just a bug. The -fixed-vo option is marked BETA-CODE in the man page. It
seems to happen with -vo xv, and without -fs mode it only flickers blue and
changes back to black right after that.
An additional glitch with the -fixed-vo option is, that if -fs was specified
in the command line, it will switch back to fullscreen at the beginning at
each file, even if you manually windowed mplayer during playback.