[MPlayer-users] Transitions between videos in full screen mode

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 00:59:57 CET 2005

Peter Shaw wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 November 2005 04:39, Robert La Ferla wrote:
>
>> Robert La Ferla wrote:

>>> I think I found a fix which is to use -vo xv -fixed-vo
>>
>> My fix doesn't work.  I thought it worked because I played a
>> shorter aspect ratio video before a taller one so it
>> cropped/compressed it.  The -vo xv had no effect at all.  So I will
>> now try -colorkey.
>
> I´m having the same problem, and -colorkey doesn´t work either. I
> think it´s just a bug. The -fixed-vo option is marked BETA-CODE in
> the man page. It seems to happen with -vo xv, and without -fs mode it
> only flickers blue and changes back to black right after that.

I've just tried to test this, to confirm that -colorkey has no effect
(since that's the only place I can think of offhand where the blue color
could be originating), and unfortunately I haven't been able to trigger
the effect; the files I remember noticing it with last include at least
one I no longer have locally.

Just to confirm: you used something like '-colorkey 0x000000', not just
'-colorkey'?

> An additional glitch with the -fixed-vo option is, that if -fs was
> specified in the command line, it will switch back to fullscreen at
> the beginning at each file, even if you manually windowed mplayer
> during playback.

That doesn't have anything to do with -fixed-vo - it will happen even
with just -fs. It's intended behaviour, as far as I can see.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.