[MPlayer-users] One last appeal for help with RealMedia files

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 23 01:07:54 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:29:35 -0500
"John Brown" <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I will try to upload to MPlayer again, or find a less  offensive
> server.

Don't expect mplayer ftp to be working in the near future.

As for possible alternatives:
 http://illhostit.com/
 http://www.yousendit.com/
 http://www.putfile.com/

> mplayer-cygwin is "For Developers". Sadly, I am not one of them.  I
> feared  the inferno that would have surely come my way if I posted
> there.  May I  tell them that you sent me?

Go right ahead.  It is listed under Developers in the mailing list
section, but that's probably just left over from long ago.  If you look
at the archives, you'll see that there are lots of users asking normal
questions.

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying you shouldn't have sent this to
-users, it's just that there just aren't many people here that even have
a Windows system available to them.

> The online documentation, which claims to be built nightly from CVS,
> says  nothing of the kind.

You're right...  Hmm, wonder where that went...

Anyhow, once again it wasn't that you did something bad, it's just that
it's the kind of thing that helps to get your message seen.