[MPlayer-users] compiling and using mplayer/mencoder on AMD 64 bit architecture

Sat Nov 26 18:48:28 CET 2005

Hi Jan Knutar!

 On 2005.11.26 at 18:16:58 +0200, Jan Knutar wrote next:

> Internet Explorer might never run in 64 bits on winxp64. Well not in the
> near future anyway. Supposedly doing that would break ActiveX, so if
> microsoft doesn't do enough hacks (and they love hacks!) to make 32
> bit code run inside a 64 bit app, I'm guessing it's not very feasible.

Many hacks are possible.. For example, VMWare somehow manages to combine
64 bit guest OS with 32 bit host. I.e. you run 32 bit VMWare under 32
bit OS, and provided that you have 64 bit CPU (recent revision is
required, though) you can run 64 bit OS inside of it..

Charming, isn't it? I never thought it was possible till I saw it
myself.

--

Vladimir