[MPlayer-users] Movie files that won't play sound properly

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Oct 1 12:52:24 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:04:01PM -0700, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > Well, it works with -demuxer lavf. I also know what's going wrong, but I
> > do not know what the correct fix would be...
>
> What is happening? I might be able to get our software guys to fix it. I
> tried a couple things, -ao sdl - the sound and video don't sync up at
> all then, with some the sound doesn't play untill after the short clip
> is done

libmpdemux/demux_mov.c, around line 1879:
 if(ds->ss_div && ds->ss_mul){
   // workaround for buggy files like
   // 7up-high-traffic-areas.mov,
   // with missing stsd v1 header
   // containing compression rate
   x/=ds->ss_div;
   x*=ds->ss_mul; // compression ratio fix  !  HACK !
 } else {
   x*=trak->nchannels;
   x*=trak->samplebytes;
 }

In this case the else part is executed, but actually the right value for
x would be without changing it at all.
You can fix it by setting ss_div and ss_mul, there is already some code
in libmpcodecs/ad_pcm.c, line 59. It is under #if 0 because whatever you
do, it seems to break some cases.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger