[MPlayer-users] How to create a wav file with silence with MPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 4 11:06:16 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:01:29PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> It's probably a good thing that it doesn't work, instead of exhibiting
> random behavior that you won't be able to rely on in the future.

I'd like to say that I am responsible for the change in behaviour of
-frames. I asked about comments but got no really conclusive reply.
The problem with the old implementation was that the behaviour was
basically random, which created problems for people using e.g. -vf png.
Now it (should) always could the number of frames output.
Suggestions for improvement are still welcome though.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger