[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Bryan Alton balton at eircom.net
Wed Oct 5 16:49:37 CEST 2005

I've got an ethereal trace of a stream "collapse" around midday on R1.
I think general network load (e.g. the network was throttling the
BBC's ability to broadcast)played a part but from 11:45am there was
a huge number of missing packets sometimes groups of 9 went missing
so perhaps the same machine that does the encoding does the broadcasting
so the problems are interconnected obliquely.

I haven't analysed the trace yet but from observation the Mplayer
buffer went to 0% and hence it stopped but when packets came in,
Mplayer tried to start but then ran out of data again so fragments
of choppy audio mixed with silence was heard - it took about
30-40 secs before the stream stabilised but when it did
audio was fine.

Bryan