[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Neil Sleightholm neil at x2systems.com
Thu Oct 6 19:42:56 CEST 2005

Bryan

Someone who is using mplayer for Real streams reported this to me:

" Packets lost: timestamp gap  Actual 1742 msec Expected 116 Flags 00
Not sure this helps, but it SEEMS that if the actual gap is above about
1000, then the situation becomes unrecoverable... I wonder (but I
haven't been able to prove either way) whether the problem is actually
receiving a packet loss while recovering from a previous event? "

I have been running mplayer again Radio 1 all day today while I was at
work. After 11 hours it is still running ok (I didn't get any gaps >
350ms).

Thanks for all your work on this, I think this is a major improvement
on where we were.

Regards

Neil