[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer cannot play this internet TV stream

Thorgal Aegirsson d_werdan at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 13:11:53 CEST 2005

Hello,

No, it doesn't work on linux. I think they suggest a
windows port of VLC. I tried it on linux. Actually, i
tried vlc, xine and mplayer. I checked if I could
parse the stream link and so on. Nothing. It complains
about a stupid missing or unsupported codec (fourcc =
GIF). I suspect it's because the stream starts first
with some sort of gif picture or something like that.

T.