[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: mplayer cannot play this internet TV stream

Viktor Kompaneyets vato at wnet.ua
Tue Oct 11 13:42:05 CEST 2005

Thorgal Aegirsson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> No, it doesn't work on linux. I think they suggest a
> windows port of VLC. I tried it on linux. Actually, i
> tried vlc, xine and mplayer. I checked if I could
> parse the stream link and so on. Nothing. It complains
> about a stupid missing or unsupported codec (fourcc =
> GIF). I suspect it's because the stream starts first
> with some sort of gif picture or something like that.

It's curios for me...
VLC supports (when properly compiled) fast any kind of streams (thanks
ffmpeg)

But there are mailnig lists about VLC - try ask at [vlc-common@]...

Try fetch the stream with ffmpeg and look at it - maybe there are wrong
fourcc (Encountered wrong fourcc many times with with a lot of streams)

--
Viktor Kompaneyets
Wnet project manager