[MPlayer-users] Feature request for Mplayer: Sinclair Spectrum Music Mod support

Eugene Esterly III gene_ewe3rd at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 12:43:56 CEST 2005

Well, I made a request for to the developers of XBMC
(XBOX Media Center) for support for playing old
Sinclair Spectrum music & they posted back to me to
contact the Mplayer dev's since the XBMC dev's only
add codecs/players if they work in Mplayer. Here is my
post from
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1321853&group_id=87054&atid=581841

The Sinclair Spectrum was & still is a very popular &
active computer system. Many musics were made & still
are being made for this system so it would be fitting
to see support for playing these music files in XBMC
(Mplayer).

There is an open source music emulator which plays all
of the Sinclair Spectrum music files. The program is
called ZX Spectrum Computer Sound Chip Emulator & the
source code to this prog can be downloaded at
http://bulba.at.kz/progr_e.htm . The list of support
music formats is at http://bulba.at.kz/emulator_e.htm
.