[MPlayer-users] RTSP/MMS live stream (radio) capture ?

nicolas.baly at epfl.ch nicolas.baly at epfl.ch
Mon Oct 17 22:44:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm using MPlayer to capture (rip) A/V streams on the Internet.
MPlayer succeed in capturing almost all kind of streaming contents but live
streams (radio) using non-HTTP protocol...

Here's the command I use to capture streams:
mplayer -v -dumpstream -dumpfile stream.rm <URL>

This works for any HTTP live streams (shoutcast) and all HTTP/MMS/RTSP/PNM
fixed-length (non-live) streams.

Does anybody know how to capture live streams through MMS, RTSP and PNM
protocol?

Here are some examples (URLs) from dutch radios:
rtsp://livestreams.omroep.nl/live/vpro/vpro3voor12radiocentral.rm
rtsp://livestreams.omroep.nl/broadcast/rnw1.rm
pnm://82.148.204.181/encoder/live.rm
and those using MMS protocol...

MPlayer seems to capture these streams, but when I play them, there is no sound.

Nico