[MPlayer-users] RTSP/MMS live stream (radio) capture ?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Oct 17 22:54:31 CEST 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:44:20 +0200
nicolas.baly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using MPlayer to capture (rip) A/V streams on the Internet.
> MPlayer succeed in capturing almost all kind of streaming contents but live
> streams (radio) using non-HTTP protocol...
>
> Here's the command I use to capture streams:
> mplayer -v -dumpstream -dumpfile stream.rm <URL>
>
> This works for any HTTP live streams (shoutcast) and all HTTP/MMS/RTSP/PNM
> fixed-length (non-live) streams.
>
> Does anybody know how to capture live streams through MMS, RTSP and PNM
> protocol?
>
> Here are some examples (URLs) from dutch radios:
> rtsp://livestreams.omroep.nl/live/vpro/vpro3voor12radiocentral.rm
> rtsp://livestreams.omroep.nl/broadcast/rnw1.rm
> pnm://82.148.204.181/encoder/live.rm
> and those using MMS protocol...
>
> MPlayer seems to capture these streams, but when I play them, there is no sound.

I have captured rtsp and mms streams in this way. But are you sure that
those are the urls of the streams, or are they a playlist (ie a small
text file containing the url of the real stream?)

try putting -playlist beofre the URL

Also I assume you have mplayer compiled with support for the real
codecs? what error message do you get when trying to play the stream?

Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>