[MPlayer-users] Re: RTSP/MMS live stream (radio) capture ?

nicolas.baly at epfl.ch nicolas.baly at epfl.ch
Tue Oct 18 09:58:09 CEST 2005

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:44:20 +0200
> nicolas.baly wrote:
>
> > Here's the command I use to capture streams:
> > mplayer -v -dumpstream -dumpfile stream.rm <URL>
> >
> > This works for any HTTP live streams (shoutcast) and all HTTP/MMS/RTSP/PNM
> > fixed-length (non-live) streams.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to capture live streams through MMS, RTSP and PNM
> > protocol?
> >
> > Here are some examples (URLs) from dutch radios:
> > rtsp://livestreams.omroep.nl/live/vpro/vpro3voor12radiocentral.rm
> > rtsp://livestreams.omroep.nl/broadcast/rnw1.rm
> > pnm://82.148.204.181/encoder/live.rm
> > and those using MMS protocol...
> >
> > MPlayer seems to capture these streams, but when I play them, there is no
> sound.
>
> I have captured rtsp and mms streams in this way. But are you sure that
> those are the urls of the streams, or are they a playlist (ie a small
> text file containing the url of the real stream?)
>
> try putting -playlist beofre the URL
>
> Also I assume you have mplayer compiled with support for the real
> codecs? what error message do you get when trying to play the stream?
>
> Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>

These are no playlists, they are direct URL addresses to live streams (radio
stations). I don't get any error message, mplayer works properly: the resulted
file (live.rm) is of a certain length and size (1.6MB), but there is no sound.
As it is LIVE, hence infinite stream, I need to interrupt the capture.
I do have the required REAL codecs as the capture works for any other NON-LIVE
RTSP/MMS streams(.rm).

Thanks.

> ------------------------------
>
> Mencoder should do it.

I tryed mencoder, but it doesn't work...

mencoder rtsp://82.94.242.21:554/broadcast/radio.rm -oac copy -ovc copy
-o stream

File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
Connecting to server 82.94.242.21[82.94.242.21]:554 ...
Cache size set to 640 KBytes
Connected to server: 82.94.242.21
success: format: 11  data: 0x0 - 0x0
REAL file format detected.
Stream description: Audio Stream
Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-multirate-realaudio-live
demux_real: invalid chunksize! (0)
Video stream is mandatory!

Thanks.