[MPlayer-users] How to use hpet?

Xiaoyang Gu xiaoyang.backup at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 03:35:24 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 01:09:28PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:39:00PM +0800, Xiaoyang Gu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am using Debian sid. After udev upgrading, i fountd that there is no rtc device in /dev. But there is a device named 'hpet'. There is also a file name max-user-freq in /proc/sys/dev/hpet.
> > How can i use hpet to replace rtc? thanks
> > 			xiaoyang
>
> Put rtc-device=/dev/hpet in your mplayer config file.
> And set your mailer to wrap text at 80 columns, please.. :)
>
> Rich
I put rtc-device=/dev/hpet in .mplayer/config. After doing so, i use
mplayer to play some videos. And I got such message "Failed to open
/dev/hpet: Permission denied (it should be readable by the user.)".

Then i chmod 777 /dev/hpet, I got another message " Failed to open
/dev/hpet: Device or resource busy (it should be readable by the user.)

Thanks a lot.
						xiaoyang