[MPlayer-users] mencoder: Trying to convert real format to xvid

Scott Cegielski scegielski at charter.net
Sun Oct 30 23:22:17 CET 2005

As per your advice, I am trying the cvs version of mplayer.  I ran into
some trouble though.

First, I thought I could just copy the libavcodec and libavformat
directories from the non-cvs version and then build the cvs version
using those.  Hoever, the cvs version also apparently wants the
libavutil directory since it gave me the message:
vf_qp.c:49:33: ../libavutil/common.h: No such file or directory

So, I used cvs to get the source files for ffmpeg and tried to build
that first.  No luck there either.  It gets pretty far and then craps
out with these messages:
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:40: undefined reference to
`_av_mallocz'
null.o: In function `Process':
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:56: undefined reference to
`_avpicture_get_size'
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:57: undefined reference to
`_av_malloc'
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:59: undefined reference to
`_avpicture_fill'
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:60: undefined reference to
`_img_convert'
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:71: undefined reference to
`_img_convert'
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:76: undefined reference to
`_av_free'
null.o: In function `Release':
/home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:33: undefined reference to
`_av_free'

Im not sure if I need some other pre-requisite to get the ffmpeg stuff
to build correctly.

Any ideas?