[MPlayer-users] mencoder: Trying to convert real format to xvid

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 23:44:12 CET 2005

Hi,

On 10/30/05, Scott Cegielski <scegielski at charter.net> wrote:
> As per your advice, I am trying the cvs version of mplayer.  I ran into
> some trouble though.
>
> First, I thought I could just copy the libavcodec and libavformat
> directories from the non-cvs version and then build the cvs version
> using those.  Hoever, the cvs version also apparently wants the
> libavutil directory since it gave me the message:
> vf_qp.c:49:33: ../libavutil/common.h: No such file or directory
>
> So, I used cvs to get the source files for ffmpeg and tried to build
> that first.  No luck there either.  It gets pretty far and then craps
> out with these messages:
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:40: undefined reference to
> `_av_mallocz'
> null.o: In function `Process':
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:56: undefined reference to
> `_avpicture_get_size'
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:57: undefined reference to
> `_av_malloc'
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:59: undefined reference to
> `_avpicture_fill'
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:60: undefined reference to
> `_img_convert'
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:71: undefined reference to
> `_img_convert'
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:76: undefined reference to
> `_av_free'
> null.o: In function `Release':
> /home/scottc/mplayer_cvs/ffmpeg/vhook/null.c:33: undefined reference to
> `_av_free'
>
> Im not sure if I need some other pre-requisite to get the ffmpeg stuff
> to build correctly.
>
> Any ideas?

You should really read the online docs!
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html has everything you
need to do a proper compilation of MPlayer from CVS. You must not copy
ffmpeg in mplayer source tree. You just need to copy libav* to mplayer
source tree:

CVS
Downloading MPlayer CVS

You can also get MPlayer via anonymous CVS. Issue the following
commands to get the latest sources:

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login
  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P main

When asked for a password, just hit enter. A directory named main will
be created. You can later update your sources by saying

  cvs -z3 update -dPA

from within that directory.
FFmpeg libavcodec/libavutil/libavformat

CVS MPlayer is not fully functional without a copy of the libavcodec,
libavformat and libavutil libraries from FFmpeg. Get FFmpeg CVS via

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -P ffmpeg

When asked for a password, just hit enter. A directory named ffmpeg
will be created. Copy the libavcodec, libavformat and libavutil
subdirectories into the main directory just created from the MPlayer
checkout.

In order to include libavcodec and libavutil in CVS updates, add the
following lines to main/CVS/Entries:

  D/libavcodec////
  D/libavformat////
  D/libavutil////