[MPlayer-users] Dealing with Copy Protection

Alexander Roalter roalter at cs.tum.edu
Thu Sep 1 22:27:52 CEST 2005

Now the last thing I'll say about this matter that I recently found out,
i get problems only with the 2nd and the 4th disc of the set, and both
of these have in common, that the title which is not playable has more
than 100 cell commands and around 40 cells (whilst the other suspicious
tracks have only 1 cell command and around 10 cells, and the
unsuspecting have no cell command and 6 cells). Interestingly the
commands also differ,
the cell commands for the 1st and 3rd disc are:

(001) 20 27 00 03 00 03 00 08 |

and

(001) 20 27 00 03 00 03 00 0a |

respectively,

Through my research I found that 20 is a JUMP command, 27 is some
special jump type (as 07 would be), but 37 (as with the problematic
ones) I have not found. Or maybe it is sheer luck that the episodes on
the 1st and 3rd discs work...

cheers,
Alex