[MPlayer-users] Compilation problem

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 10:54:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 9/3/05, tommmmmm <tommmmmm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Slackware 10.1, nvidia riva tnt II ( with good drivers), integrated
> sound card, 800 mhz Duron.
>
> When I try to compile slackware ( with simple ./configure previously ), I
> get the following error:
> ar: libavcodec.a: Brak miejsca na urządzeniu
> make[1]: *** [libavcodec.a] Błąd 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tomek/Documents/mplayer/MPlayer-
> 1.0pre7try2/libavcodec'
> make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Błąd 2
>
> Brak miejsca na urządzeniu means "no place at the device"
> Błąd meas "Error"
>
> Any help would be welcome...
>
> btw. I also tried to install mplayer from package, but it was nonsens.

This one of the worst bug reports I have ever seen here... How are we
supposed to understand the error messages in another language?
do "export LANG=C" before building mplayer so your system speaks english.

Please read http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html

I suggest you run "find . -name "*.a" -exec rm {} \;" before trying to
build MPlayer. That may or may not fix the problem. Otherwise, use the
CVS version of MPlayer, it's a lot more fun.

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!
 -- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski