[MPlayer-users] Coding request

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 01:56:51 CEST 2005

raid517 wrote:

>> This exact thing is easily done on linux. Just create a file in
>> /usr/local/bin, make it executable and put in it the following lines:
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>>
>> mencoder -ovc raw -ofps 15 -oac pcm -vf
>> scale=220:-2,expand=220:176,format=bgr16 "$1" -o "new-$1"
>>

> Thank man, that is a terrific help!
>
> GJ

The only problem with it though is that it doesn't work. I made the
script fully executable andI called the script IpCoder.sh (Short for
Ipod Encoder) and placed it in my path /usr/bin. Then I right clicked on
a video in KDE and selected 'open with', then I selected the script I
just made which was Ipcoder.sh. There appeared to be some harddisk
activity - and then nothing.

Essentially I just want to do exactly as I have described above, which
is basically to make a script that works a bit like a KDE right click
extension (yes I know about service menus - but it would be cool to have
a working script first) that I could use to right click on videos and
select the executable and have the videos correctly encoded to the
correct format for my ipod while keeping if possible the original file
name. (Or at least perhaps only adding a small change to stop the
original file being overwritten).

I know it's a lot to ask, but can anyone please help me out? I promise
to distribute any script and/or executable among everyone else who
wishes to encode videos for their Ipods and to give full and complete
recognition for anyones work.

Thanks.

GJ