[MPlayer-users] mplayer for arm926ej-s

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 15 14:08:44 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:46:11AM -0700, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> I have cross-compiled it with libmad-0.15.0b.tar.gz
> (first), but, I am not able to get any audio output. I
> am using:

Why libmad? Has it been improved for ARM?

> MPlayer-1.0pre5try2.tar.bz2
> cross-toolchain 2.95.3 (from
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/)

We do not support anything older than pre7, and for bugreports you
should use CVS.

> 1. Change /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer in configure script
> [Because base.cramfs provided by ARM has no /dev/sound
> and it uses /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer]

?? I don't understand that... But you can set these devices on the
command line AFAIK.

> 2. Set libmad path
> 	_ld_mad='-L/path/to/libmad.a'

?? --with-madlibdir= should set this.

>    cd libavcodec
>    ln -s ../config.h config.h
>    cd ../libmpcodecs
>    ln -s ../config.h config.h
>    cd ..

Why this? If this is necessary you did something wrong I'm quite sure.

> 		--cc=/path/to/arm-linux-gcc
> 		--as=/path/to/arm-linux-as

--host-cc and you don't need this hacking for codec-cfg. If you were
suing pre7 anyway.

> 		--enable-fbdev
> 		--enable-ossaudio
> 		--enable-mad
> 		--enable-libavcodec

You should not need these.

> 1. When I try to play mp3 using mplayer on the ARM
> board, I get:
>
> Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG
> layer-2, layer-3)
> A: 0.4 (0.4) 0.0%
>
> But, the 0.0% doesn't move at all and I don't get any
> audio output at all. If I play .wav files, it plays
> properly though. Any suggestions as to how I can get
> mplayer to play mp3?

try -ac mad or --disable-mp3lib for configure.

> 2. mpeg-1 video files seem to play fine. But, other
> mpeg versions seem to play with a blue tinch. Do I
> need to use some codecs?

try -vfm ffmpeg. And double-check that you do not use a gcc
version with known bugs.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger