[MPlayer-users] FAAD, AAC, 0xFF, ogm file sound issue

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Sep 16 16:26:18 CEST 2005

Leonard Nero wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem trying to read a video using mplayer (1 pre 7) on
> Gentoo linux box.
> I skimmed thru the mailing list archive to no avail, so here I am.
>
> the video is (according to MPC player on windows) :
> Video:XVID 576x432x 23.98 fps
> Audio:AAC 22050Hz stereo 128 Kbps
> Audio:AAC 22050Hz stereo 128 Kbps
>
> (yes, Audio is written twice, don't ask me why. Two streams maybe ?).
>
> Mplayer will display the picture, but no sound.
> Here's what it tells me : FAAD failed to initialize decode, cannot find
> codec for audio format 0xFF.
> (see details below)
>
> mplayer is compiled with internal faad support.

_always_ use cvs, especially when reporting bugs.
Try to disable the internal faad and use the external one from cvs
(that  decodes more stream types than the internal one).
Another possibility is that demux_ogg isn't passing all of the extradata
to faad, but it's much less likely than the other case.

 Sponsor:
 Audio, Video, HI-FI...oltre 2.000 prodotti di alta qualità a prezzi da sogno solo su Visualdream.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2954&d=16-9