[MPlayer-users] FAAD, AAC, 0xFF, ogm file sound issue

Leonard Nero LennyCorp at HotPop.com
Fri Sep 16 17:02:57 CEST 2005

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Leonard Nero wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem trying to read a video using mplayer (1 pre 7) on
>> Gentoo linux box.
>> I skimmed thru the mailing list archive to no avail, so here I am.
>>
>> the video is (according to MPC player on windows) :
>> Video:XVID 576x432x 23.98 fps
>> Audio:AAC 22050Hz stereo 128 Kbps
>> Audio:AAC 22050Hz stereo 128 Kbps
>>
>> (yes, Audio is written twice, don't ask me why. Two streams maybe ?).
>>
>> Mplayer will display the picture, but no sound.
>> Here's what it tells me : FAAD failed to initialize decode, cannot find
>> codec for audio format 0xFF.
>> (see details below)
>>
>> mplayer is compiled with internal faad support.
>>
> _always_ use cvs, especially when reporting bugs.
> Try to disable the internal faad and use the external one from cvs
> (that  decodes more stream types than the internal one).
> Another possibility is that demux_ogg isn't passing all of the extradata
> to faad, but it's much less likely than the other case.

Well, I installed a faad, but not cvs. (gentoo portage system helps me
keeping a clean system, I dont want to put it completely amess (need it
fo more serious purpose aside from video :-)  ).
external instead of internal did not change the result.

If nothing else works, I'll maybe try the cvs.