[MPlayer-users] FAAD, AAC, 0xFF, ogm file sound issue

Leonard Nero LennyCorp at HotPop.com
Fri Sep 16 19:51:23 CEST 2005

Leonard Nero wrote:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>> Leonard Nero wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem trying to read a video using mplayer (1 pre 7) on
>>> Gentoo linux box.
>>> I skimmed thru the mailing list archive to no avail, so here I am.
>>>
>>> the video is (according to MPC player on windows) :
>>> Video:XVID 576x432x 23.98 fps
>>> Audio:AAC 22050Hz stereo 128 Kbps
>>> Audio:AAC 22050Hz stereo 128 Kbps
>>>
>>> (yes, Audio is written twice, don't ask me why. Two streams maybe ?).
>>>
>>> Mplayer will display the picture, but no sound.
>>> Here's what it tells me : FAAD failed to initialize decode, cannot find
>>> codec for audio format 0xFF.
>>> (see details below)
>>>
>>> mplayer is compiled with internal faad support.
>>>
>> _always_ use cvs, especially when reporting bugs.
>> Try to disable the internal faad and use the external one from cvs
>> (that  decodes more stream types than the internal one).
>> Another possibility is that demux_ogg isn't passing all of the extradata
>> to faad, but it's much less likely than the other case.
>>

> Well, I installed a faad, but not cvs. (gentoo portage system helps me
> keeping a clean system, I dont want to put it completely amess (need it
> fo more serious purpose aside from video :-)  ).
> external instead of internal did not change the result.
>
> If nothing else works, I'll maybe try the cvs.

Tried again, with :
./configure --enable-external-faad --disable-internal-faad

and libfaad2 2.0-r3 installed (not yet cvs)

Bur compilation failed in fact :

libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(ad_faad.o)(.text+0xc): In function `init':
: undefined reference to `NeAACDecOpen'
libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(ad_faad.o)(.text+0x3f): In function `init':
: undefined reference to `NeAACDecGetCurrentConfiguration'
libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(ad_faad.o)(.text+0x7e): In function `init':
: undefined reference to `NeAACDecInit2'
libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(ad_faad.o)(.text+0x174): In function `init':
: undefined reference to `NeAACDecClose'
(etc etc etc etc)

What is missing ?
part of the AAC libs, isn't it ? (headers or something ?)