[MPlayer-users] cdda:// -ac ffdts

Thu Sep 22 19:38:58 CEST 2005

Hi Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski!

 On 2005.09.21 at 21:31:41 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote next:

> > I can play .wav dts-encoded files just fine with mplayer. But it doesn't
> > work with an audio-cd: I have to first rip the files to .wav and then
> > play them with mplayer.
>
> AudioCD can't be DTS. If you're saying it can, then show us the standard
> that says so.

You should go to nearest big audio shop and ask for dts cd (or audio cd
with 5.1 sound, it'll be the same). They'll prove you that you are wrong..

Its biggest feature is the fact that it can be played back on any cd
player with digital out, even on discman, if you have dts receiver.

Anyway, to the author of original question: you should use
-rawaudio on:format=0x2001, that will do it.

--

Vladimir