[MPlayer-users] Re: RE: Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Bryan Alton balton at eircom.net
Wed Sep 28 12:47:03 CEST 2005

Bryan Alton wrote:

> Klara Mall wrote:
>
>> Hi Bryan,
>>
>> At 23:15 09/27/2005, Bryan Alton wrote:
>>> Do you know any URLs for other Real streams that had similar probs ?
>>
>> I've just subscribed on mplayer-users because I have the same
>> problem with streams from tagesschau.de (german news). I mean the
>> sound gets garbled after a time when playing a stream.
>>
>> Yesterday I compiled mplayer with your patch in it and played the
>> stream again. Unfortunately this stream's sound got still garbled.
>>
>> An example stream's URL is:
>> rtsp://213.200.64.226/tagesschau/realmedia/2005/0918/TV-20050918-2112-4001.rv.hi.rm

Further to my previous post.  I removed all my safeguards and my patch
didn't find any problem with the audio stream (i.e. no time gaps). The audio stream
is still fed through the cook codec.
However there are many problems with the video (which plays smoothly on RealPlayer)so
it looks like Mplayer error handling of an RV20 stream is not right in some way.

I may look a bit deeper, if I find some time.

regards

Bryan.