[MPlayer-users] [BUG?] 5.1 channel ogg audio

陆然 hephooey at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 27 13:46:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a movie with 5.1 channel ogg audio, and my output device is  a stereo
headphone, When I try to play it with alsa ao, I got a error message:

alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: surround51
ALSA lib pcm.c:1959:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM surround51
definition (id: surround51, value: cards.pcm.surround51)
alsa-init: playback open error: Invalid argument

I searched the mail list and it looks like a alsa's bug, then I used oss to
play it. I can hear sound, but it looks like it just used the first two
channel and dropped others, unfortunately xiph people seem use a different
channel order, for 5.1 it is front left, front center, front right, rear
left, rear right, LFE, so I got front left on the left and front center on
the right.

I tried to use the channels filter to direct the front right channel to the
right place. I got the front left on the left and front right on the right,
but then I found the dialog sound is stored in the front center channel, so
at last I get all the sound effect but no dialog.

I don't know if it should be a mplayer's bug or an libogg's bug, In the ideal
situation, 5.1 ogg should be handled like ac3, get the output device
information from the ao, and try to downmix to the correct channel if it's
necessary.

--
Best Regards,
LR