[MPlayer-users] ssa reader for mplayer using vf_overlay

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Wed Sep 28 13:09:06 CEST 2005

I've written a small demonstration of how the vf_overlay filter in
mplayer can be used to display SSA subtitles from an external reader.
I've been wanting to improve the SSA support in mplayer, and this seemed
like a good stepping stone method.  Once this project is much further
along and once I'm more familiar with the mplayer internals I may
attempt a merge it into the mplayer source.

The source compiles and runs here, but it probably won't elsewhere
without some modification, so be prepared.  And even after it compiles
it will break under many circumstances.  I've only had chance to test it
with a handful of scripts.

source is over at http://rut.org/mpssa/

just grab mpssa-20050928.tar.gz since it contains all the other files in
that directory

--
robh