[MPlayer-users] How to tell how far through you are

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 12:44:59 CEST 2006

>From: Raphael <mencoder at lesshaste.plus.com>
>
>Hi,
>
>I have a 13 hour long read real audio dump and I want to chop off the
>beginning up to some point in the file...
[cut]

>a) If I use Right Arrow to skip forward it resets the progress indicator
>
>"A:   1.2 (01.1) of 50011.0 (13:53:31.0) 95.0% "

If you do not want to listen to the whole file, try using -ss to seek into
the file. Then when you reach the spot, just quit. The status line will show
the position in seconds. The percentage looks wrong, but if you really need
to know the percentage instead of the position in seconds, you can calculate
it yourself.