[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer and fglrx [gl] Could not aquire buffer for dr Expect a _major_ speed penalty

Tue Apr 4 08:51:42 CEST 2006

Hi Reimar D?ffinger!

 On 2006.04.04 at 00:19:31 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote next:

> > direct rendering: Yes
> > server glx vendor string: SGI
> > server glx version string: 1.2
>
> This looks wrong. At least I have
> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> server glx version string: 1.3

It's OK. Probably isn't required anyway, since ati claims that their
drivers support even opengl 2.0 right now and this is still unchanged.

> > > Why does -vo xv not work?? This should not be the case.
> > > What does xvinfo tell you?
> >
> > $ xvinfo
> > X-Video Extension version 2.2
> > screen #0
> >  no adaptors present
>
> This IMHO does look even more wrong.

Again, nothing wrong. Xv sucks beyond imagination on fglrx drivers.
Don't really know why and how it works, but compared to xv in radeon
driver or xvidix with any driver its quality really sucks - it gives
some kind of weird pixelization. I'm not sure whether this happens
always or if your screen resolution is larger than some value, but I
experience it.

Anyway, since on fglrx drivers only either opengl overlay or xv can be
turned on, this person probably uses opengl overlay.

I'm using this setup for a long time and have no problems with it
(except that xv doesn't work, only xvidix and gl does, which isn't a
problem by itself).

--

Vladimir