[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer and fglrx [gl] Could not aquire buffer for dr Expect a _major_ speed penalty

DP Debian_Poland at o2.pl
Fri Apr 7 23:53:29 CEST 2006

Vladimir,

In deed overlay setting was the problem in my case not the glxserver version.

After adding
Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
to xorg.conf
I am able to use vx driver. The performance is fine. I don't need to enable
framedrop.

Unfortunatelly gl and gl2 driver still works as it did. The performance is
terrible. Changing option in xorg.conf to:
Option "VideoOverlay" "off"
Option "OpenGLOverlay" "on"
did not changed anything.

Do you use fglrx driver with gl driver in mplayer? Could you post your settings?
Maybe someone else that uses fglrx driver with mplayer and gl driver could post
his settings?

Thanks for your help. And I would like to thank everybody including Reimar for
their help so far.

All the best,
DP