[MPlayer-users] Can't record tv audio

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto JorgePeixoto at redecasd.ita.br
Tue Apr 4 13:56:59 CEST 2006

I have a tuner card working perfectly with tvtime, but I can't get audio out of it in mplayer or mencoder ; I can only get the picture. I have tried different commands like
"gmplayer -tv driver=v4l2:norm=pal-m:channel=5 tv://". I have already googled a lot and would appreciate some help. Some technical information:
Distro: latest gentoo
mplayer version: mplayer-1.0.20060217

kernel compiled whithout oss emulation

The card is a Pixelview Playtv (don't know which exact model). Output of lspci:
00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
00:0b.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
00:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)

I use with the module bttv ; the parameters to bttv are "card=37 tuner=43".

The audio output of the card is connected to the line in of the sound card.
--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free. --Linus Torvalds