[MPlayer-users] Fast-forwarded audio with a dts-encoded movie

Yaohan Chen yaohan.chen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:57:42 CEST 2006

Hello,

When I play the file at http://www.lesshaste.plus.com/test.mkv , the sound is
fast-forwarded/skipped. The full movie's about 2 hours of sound finishes
playing in about 40 seconds. I was suggested to try "−af pan=1:0.5:0.5", but
it didn't fix it. But when I did "mencoder test.mkv -oac mp3lame -ovc copy -o
test.avi", Mplayer could play the avi file with normal sound.

The log for playing the mkv file is attached (but I renamed it to
dts_sound_problem.mkv when playing).

I'm using mplayer checked out from CVS on 2006-04-09. It is compiled with
libdca-0.2, with gcc 3.4.6, on Slackware 10.2.

Yaohan Chen