[MPlayer-users] Muxed subtitles and GUI

Mike Hunt ropewash at telus.net
Sun Apr 9 14:30:32 CEST 2006

Is there a way to implement a muxed subtitle track through the mplayer
GUI?
I am attempting to run a fansub file in .mkv format and mplayer is the
only player I have that seems to recognize the video stream (both Xine
and VLC-client fail to render).
Using -sid in the command line works fine, but I'd prefer to be able to
avoid typing in the commands each time if possible. Plus the -vo (xv) I
am using precludes going to full-screen when launched from a terminal
window, and I do prefer full-screen for viewing.
All my attempts so far at adding any kind of -sid lines to either
~/.mplayer/config or gui.conf have failed through my only having a
"trial and error" knowledge of the system and syntax to work with.

Please excuse my ignorance if there is some way to accomplish this that
I am missing, I'm rather new to both linux and mplayer.

Thank you for your time.