[MPlayer-users] Re: Recoring this *.ram to WAV with mplayer works while logged in but not from at.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 22:45:36 CEST 2006

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> On Tuesday, 11 April 2006 at 21:51, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

>>> To correct it further still, Christian's latest packages are very
>>> good and don't have any questionable patches anymore.
>>
>> ...but still create that invalid version number, apparently.
>
> Not any more[1], AFAICT.

I was judging by the fact that the package Adam installed, just earlier
today, had the invalid version number. It appeared, by the *package*
version number, to be based on CVS from March 25th - but the place in
the version number where the CVS date would be given was an empty
string, leaving the two consecutive hyphens which are the symptom of the
invalid version number.

>> I had noticed the improvements (by proxy, I don't test it out
>> myself), but was under the impression that some MPlayer developers
>> still thought his packages were incorrectly handled at best. Was I
>> incorrect?
>
> You haven't been incorrect until recently. Now[1] I see no reason to
> talk badly about Christian's packages.

Very well. If the problem *has* in fact been fixed, then I'll adjust my
advice and/or rhetoric accordingly.

> [1] As of 25.03.

(See above.)

--