[MPlayer-users] Re: Recoring this *.ram to WAV with mplayer works while logged in but not from at.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Apr 11 22:58:50 CEST 2006

On Tuesday, 11 April 2006 at 22:45, The Wanderer wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> >>...but still create that invalid version number, apparently.
> >
> >Not any more[1], AFAICT.
>
> I was judging by the fact that the package Adam installed, just earlier
> today, had the invalid version number. It appeared, by the *package*
> version number, to be based on CVS from March 25th - but the place in
> the version number where the CVS date would be given was an empty
> string, leaving the two consecutive hyphens which are the symptom of the
> invalid version number.
>
> >>I had noticed the improvements (by proxy, I don't test it out
> >>myself), but was under the impression that some MPlayer developers
> >>still thought his packages were incorrectly handled at best. Was I
> >>incorrect?
> >
> >You haven't been incorrect until recently. Now[1] I see no reason to
> >talk badly about Christian's packages.
>
> Very well. If the problem *has* in fact been fixed, then I'll adjust my
> advice and/or rhetoric accordingly.
>
> >[1] As of 25.03.
>
> (See above.)

I'm sorry, I was somehow convinced this was fixed, but you're right, it isn't.
And I see the reason (he did find -name CVS | xargs rm -rf before creating the
source tarball and version.sh requires the presence of CVS/Entries). I'll point
it out to Christian (Cc'd) and hopefully he'll fix it either by keeping
CVS/Entries or by patching version.sh.

Best regards,
R.

--